Labor Market Assessment & Trainees Development Directorate.
Labor Market Demand Assessment & Trainee Development Directorate is one of the four core directorates of Oromia TVET Bureau organized in two teams, namely Labor Market Demand Assessment and Curriculum Development & Implantation and Trainee Development Team with the objective to lead & ensure quality TVET training in the region and produce competent work force as per the demands of industry.
Major activities undertaken by the Directorate:
- Coordinate Labor Market Demand Assessements to identify Ocuupation and Level demanded by the market
- Conducting training impact assessements
- Facilitate the preparation & improvements of Curriculum & TTLM
- Capacitating trainers on prepared curriculum before implementing the curriculum
- Facilitate the preparation of specifications of Tools,Equipments & Machineries required for training.
- Work to increase trainees enrollment in regular & Short term trainings
- Work to improve the quality of TVET training
- Monitor & support the implementation of Vocational Counseling & Guidance services in all TVET Colleges in the region
- Leade and support the implementation outcomebased training in the region
- Coordinating & facilitating skill competition among trainees, Trainers & MSE.
- Lead and facilitate cooperative & incompany training
- Lead & facilitate the implementation of competency based assessement of training completers, industry workers & farmers(pasturalists)graduate & non graduate trainees level by level
- Compiling & handling trainees data using Management Information System
- Facilitating and conducting Tracer Study in the region
- Closely working with industries/stackeholders leading the priority sectors
- Conducting contineuos support and Suppervision